Monday, August 1, 2011

And I was like ;; baby baby baby




Can you imagine what would you feel like if you were reborn into the world without our past naivety and innocence;; basking in our present state of mind as teenagers and thinking like we did right now???

Imagine what would it feel like to breathe the air for the first time again;; and to feel scared of that bright hospital light because it was so freaking bright but all we can see is definite orange inside our eyelids because they stuck together??

Imagine resmelling the antiseptics in the hospital;; and then feeling our bodies being took up and put someplace else when we were weighed for the first time so that the doctors could determine whether or not we are normal;; and feeling a cold strip of metallic something as the doctor measure the diameter of our heads.

Imagine!!

Imagine being in my little baby brother's small feet and feeling exposed and cold and afraid and hungry for my mother's milk.

Imagine!!

Subhanallah...

I can't describe how touched I am right now.

Alhamdulillah;; today my mother had safely delivered a little baby boy that have the chance to discover how beautiful the earth is.

To tell you the truth;; I did not feel any special feeling about this brother of mine.
My mother's pregnant;; so?

But papa had just shown me a video he captured while at the ward earlier today.

The baby was in a bundle;; his whole body was red. His eyes were squinting;; mouth opened wailing. Wailing and wailing with all his might;; while a person in blue and wearing a face mask carried it to a weigh scale.
 
At that moment I felt my heart swelled. Swelled like a balloon being filled up with air and I found myself smiling. It was natural I almost did not realized it when tears sprang into my eyes.

The baby was weighed after the person in blue opened his diapers and then his head was measured with a measuring tape. And all along he kept wailing and wailing.

And I finally saw that this  previous lump inside my mother's womb;; the previous thing that had made mama's stomach swell and made her went through various degrees of uncomfortability is actually a baby.


He's not just some baby;; he's my baby brother.

Oh how I loved saying that sentence ;; "I have a baby brother!!"


I kept telling everyone at school and sending his picture to every cellphone number of my friends that I have. 

Some feelings cannot be described by words because it was so rarely felt people haven't had the chance to make sense of them yet;; and getting a baby brother made me experience one of those feelings.

Thank you mama;; for going through the whole injection thing and then willing your stomach to be cut open only so my little baby brother;; your son;; could taste a life he would not have had without you.

I could only imagine the amount of pain you went through;; but I'm sure that pain was one of those feelings that could not be put into words.

Alhamdulillah!!

It was magical;; the baby. So magical that I kinda saw a whitish aura around it's reddish white and hairy little body.


Welcome to the world;; Nik ______________

No comments: