Saturday, August 14, 2010

A manga for Syawal~!


Someone approached me last week.
A form 1 student;; a Miss A and a Miss T.
Sweet little girls they are;; and they suddenly requested for my help.
For what;; I asked;; and they answered; "We wanna make money."
I was feeling gullible at that particular time;; so I was enthusiastic and interested with the prospect of making more money than I have now.
Then Miss A plunged into an explanation about how we're gonna start making the green notes::
"We'll make a comic book."
She was totally serious;; there's not even an air of playfulness that she usually exudes around her.
"So first;; we'll round up the mangakas at this school;; then we'll collaborate to publish a book that groups all these students works. Then we'll send to the publisher or something;; so the money we got from that will be split among the contributors."
She doesn't say whether it will be split equally.
"Okay;; sounds awesome!" I really am enhusiastic!
I mean;; imagine! Being a real mangaka;; that's just....
Me? People buying my story???
That's.... Unbelievable!
I can't wait to do this thing;; though there's the idea part to worry about.
"So what's it about?" I asked;; after they ticked my name on the list.
"Hari Raya Puasa." Ohh.
"So when do I have to submit this thing to you?"
"Like;; before that date? Before raya la!" I blinked at Miss A.
"Before;; like;; any specific date?"
"Just finish it before Raya." Miss T said;; smiling like she was talking something really obvious and I'm really stupid or something.
"Ok then we have a deal."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so..?/ hows the manga?? finish already??

Damia said...

Sadly no. I'm not a very reliable person and I used the very familiar excuse "I'm busy" to put the project off..

And it just never happens.

Miss A and Miss T found out that the workload's too burdening and they only have each other for backup and they gave up.

So in the end it's just a phase. ;P

Damia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.